Healthcare Info ... Watch what you READ!

Healthcare, sick care ...why should we care????

I find it extremely interesting that when I GOOGLE the keyword "health," that WebMD comes up number one in my search. WebMD looks good, sounds good, but wait ... is it really good advice?

I did a search for treatment options for Fibromyalgia and this is what came up ... my only choice of treatment for this devastating disease is a drug named Cymbalta ... this was the only option ... now I don't know about you, but a "trusted" site like WebMD only gives me one treatment choice ... hmmm ... sounds kind of fishy to me and then I put on my magnified reading glasses and read the following disclaimer:

The following is a sponsored resource The sponsor of this content has sole editorial control

Here I thought that WebMD was my trusted source of information ... after all it says so on the home page ... see below ...


WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information. You can trust that our content is timely and credible.

About WebMD

The WebMD content staff blends award-winning expertise in medicine, journalism, health communication and content creation to bring you the best health information possible. Our esteemed colleagues at MedicineNet.com are frequent contributors to WebMD and comprise our Medical Editorial Board. Our Independent Medical Review Board continuously reviews the site for accuracy and timeliness.

What we do for our users

We are dedicated to providing quality health information and to upholding the integrity of our editorial process. See What We Do For Our Users.

Awards and Recognition

WebMD offers credible and in-depth medical news, features, reference material, and online community programs. We are proud that others in the fields of media and health have recognized our efforts over the years.


I am pretty Internet savvy and I actually thought that WebMD was a non-biased source of medical information until I really looked the site over critically ... what do other consumers think?

When you are looking for appropriate healthcare information on the Internet, due diligence should be the order of the day. Don't trust any source with just a pretty page and a great name ... or you may just get stuck in the sick care system ...

Health care, sick care ... I CARE!!!!!!